May I know what engine did you use for this awesome game?
You’ve uncovered an ancient RITUAL. It’s said to grant immeasurable magic power to those that complete it. All it requires is a little down-payment - your LIFEFORCE.
Summon a series of nightmarish monsters to battle with in this horror action game. Will you gather enough ARCANE POWER in 7 days to repay your debt? Or will you PERISH during your SACRIFIGHTS?
Use arrow keys to move, and X/C to interact.
Coding: Francis Coulombe Art/voices: LumpyTouch Music: cboyardee
We added an embedded web version of the game. It seems to work best in Chrome. It may be slow or have no sound in some other browsers depending on your setup. If that is the case, the Windows downloadable version available below should work better.
- Fixed a crash and two softlocks
- Fixed the final boss's health being weirdly low, and timings off
- Fixed the exploit allowing you to fight the final boss during the tutorial
- Reduced the number of days from 10 to 7
- Added a note reminding players they can run with X
- fixed the layering of some UI elements
- fixed one tutorial text
- fixed SEAL power
- fixed the FIRE attack
- Added Music and SFX volume toggles: the M and K keys, (100% - 50% - 0%)
- Added an HTML5 browser-embedded version of the game
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
AMAZING! The only thing is the player sprite doesnt really match the art style that well, to portaits in the cutscenes do but the actually sprite looks off.
awesome game it took me some time to get adjusted to the controls but it is really fun and the difficulty has been balanced really well
After giving this about an hour and a half to 2 hours, I have some little bits of feedback.
- There is a good balance of consuming and sacrificing items however see note #4
- The quips from the monsters are very good
- Some monsters are very hard to beat early on, so it discourages branching off early on if I want to trying for higher rewards vs the risk. Instead I just want to figure out an optimal order
- The main boss has a good difficulty, where it is winnable and if you beat him and win the game, you still feel like replaying to see the other bosses. I can still see myself playing a few more hours in this version to see if I can find new bosses and items that branch off. I almost feel like there might be some intentionally really difficult content to discover late in the branch
- The boss hitboxes are somewhat difficult to judge (or maybe the player's projectile is too small)
Overall I am impressed with how nicely the game is presented and how neatly it was wrapped up for LD44. There is a feeling of completion and still wanting to discover more at the same time from the time I played. I would definitely play additional content in an expanded version.
Thanks! Glad you liked it! Yeah the hitboxes are a bit awkward because we changed the plans for handling them a few times throughout the jam, so the result is a bit uneven. I initially wanted to have the monsters' separate parts be targettable individually, but there were some issues with that, so it ended up with only their torso part being a target, which was a bit awkward. On a post-jam version I would probably give another shot to having all the parts be separately targettable, so you could destroy some of their limbs to remove some of their attacks.
Great game! One of my favorites of yours. Also awesome to see the collab between you and Lumpy.
I think I may have ran into a bug toward the end. I was fighting a boss during day zero - and after I defeated it I got a Game Over screen. I thought I was supposed to trigger a final boss - but I wasn't given the option?
It's a bug currently. As it stands, to trigger the final boss you need to DIE when day 0 begins. Give that a go and you can fight the big baddie!
Awesome game, only issue I've run into is going to sleep for the last day and getting stuck in an infinite loop. Also any chance you could add a sleep to the last day option so you don't have to repeatedly sleep if you run out of items?
Thanks for playing! I fixed the infinite loop problem. I also reduced the games number of days to 7. I feel adding a feature to skip to the final boss would be more appropriate for a post-jam version though, but we will probably have something like that!